Full of lovely texture, this stitch pattern was inspired by a crochet broomstick stitch. I spent quite some time fine-tuning it to my liking, and now am happy to share it with you!
Swipe through the gallery to see all 4 steps.
Written Instructions (worked flat):
Cast on the number of sts divisible by 5.
R1 (RS): k all sts.
R2 (WS): p1, (yo2, p1)x until the end of the row.
R3 (RS): Repeat the following:
- (sl1wyib, drop double yarn over off the needle)x 5 times,
- place the resulting 5 long sts back onto the left needle,
- (knit these 5sts together but don't drop them off the left needle; make a yo)x twice, knit 5sts together again and drop them off.
R4 (WS): Repeat the following:
- p4, sl1wyib,
- with the left needle pick up the horizontal bar between sts, bringing the needle from front to back,
- place the slipped stitch back onto the left needle and p2tog with the picked up loop.
#stitch #pattern #video #knittingpattern #knittingtutorial